Sunday, August 01, 2010

Fungi

 

fingi 017

Alright, I don’t think Elderberries are part of the Fungus family, but I just wanted to post a few pictures from my yard today. It’s starting to show signs of summer’s end.

We have had a lot of rain this summer. It’s been cool & damp for the past 6 weeks. It was a warm May, but since then it’s been a wet one. I took a walk out around the yard & found dozens of Fungi. I would never pick them to ea because I’m not sure what’s safe & what isn’t, but I love the look of them, & I wonder if I should try using some of them for dying some wool fabric. Anyone out there know? I may just try a little experiment…heh..heh.. heh…..(that’s the mad scientist in me wanting to get out).

fingi 011 fingi 016 fingi 022 fingi 024

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful, yes; edible, no! Why not use them for some dyeing...