I got a lot of quilting done today. I have all of the background done on Jan’s quilt, & have started working on the baskets of flowers. It’s looking beautiful , but I think I’ll wait until it’s done to show more.
This quilt was started by my friend Kathy Harte, then given to the the guild in it’s unfinished state, when Kathy was getting ready to move to Texas, & she was trying to lighten the load. Another member took it & added the blue-green border, & called it finished, giving it to the Small Quilt Auction committee to be auctioned off in our next quilt show.
I asked Irene if I might take it & finish the quilting on it, because it really needed it, & she was very glad I had volunteered. So today I removed the binding & finished the quilting, made a sleeve & rebound it, so now it’s really done!
My DH is home ill tonight. He has what sounds like a very stuffy head & sore throat. Poor baby.