Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve 2006

I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday time. We're enjoying our company, & fresh snow (we've gotten a couple of feet of the white stuff). Brandon & Laura went snowboarding at Alyeska Resort yesterday. It was Laura's 1st time, & she did great. They had a great time.

I wanted to show you a couple of the things I made as gifts this year, now that I can. This 1st is a quilted clock that I made for my friend Judy, whose name I drew at work. I was glad to get her name, as she is my closest friend at work. I used a piece of my hand painted fabric, & stamed silver cups on it, & little sayings for the number places. I thread painted a teapot for the center, using Holoshimmer threads & bits of red wool.


For our feast last night, I finally tried Naomi's pie. It was from Allie's Thanksgiving . Thanks Allie, we all loved it. It was a little something different from the usual apple pie. We only ate about 1/2 of it because we were so full from the Smoked Salmon Pasta & pear salad, & rolls that we'd had .
Everyone was stuffed after the meal.
We exchanged gifts. Here's a couple details of what I gave Mindy.

She loved it.The girls liked their rotery mat, cutter & rulers too. Both of them quilt (I started hope when she was 4 years old. We had to set her on the big dictionary & put the machine pedal on a box for her to reach. She doesn't have to do that any more.)
Mindy fuses glass. This was the snowflake ornament she made for me this year. I have quite a collection of them from her. I keep them in my kitchen window.
Here's the fused glass plate she made for me, from clear glass & frit. I love it.
She also felt compelled to add to the chickens in my kitchen, with this cute wooden plaque
& this metal chicken, who has already found a roost in my chicken coop.
So this is only the begining of my Christmas & it's already been great. I am very blessed to have my good friends & family.
Happy holidays to all of you out there.

8 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Merry Christmas, Deb! It looks alot more like Christmas there than here!

Michelle Auer said...

Happy holidays Mom. Your gift is still sitting on top of my television waiting to be mailed where it has been sitting for about a week. I keep missing the post office. :/ sorry. I will get it out and get it to you before the New year!
You should post the apple pie recipe. I probably can't eat it, but I would love to read what is in it! :-)

loves to you!

Kim said...

Merry Christmas Deb!

Rian said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Love your clocks!

Robin said...

Your time for tea clock is adorable! Enjoyed the pictures of your family and gifts... Merry Christmas!

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Merry Christmas!!
dawn

The Calico Cat said...

Care to share the smoked salmon pasta? (I have some smoked salmon & a husband who wants to "save it" for who knows what....) I was goingt o serve it to his mother when they came, but she doesn't like it. (If I hear that one more time from any of them..... I gew up in a "this is not a restaurant household" - not an "I don't like it establishment.")

allie aller said...

What a fun time you are all having together!
So glad you enjoyed the pie....;-)