Thursday, March 30, 2006

Big as A Barn





I think I'll live now. The all over body aches have subsided to minimal. The throat is still quite sore, but a little spritz (cough, gag) of Chloroseptic helps that. I think if my body can hold up to it, I should work on the Barn Quilt some more. It is a group quilt, from my Calendar Girls group. It's a fun group of ladies, (I'm the baby in the group at almost 52!). They originally started up doing a Piecmaker Calendar pattern years ago, Times & Seasons, & now we've done the Barn quilt as a group. We will probably donate it to our guild for raffle when I get it finished. I had lost it for almost a whole year (in a bag under my bed) during the construction. I thought I'd given it to Jackie, she thought she had given it to Mary. We all thought we'd lost our minds. It's fun hanging out with older folks!!!

I do minimal marking with Dixon washout cloth markers. I just mark the stem line, then free-motion quilt off of it. I made the December block, I painted the northern lights in with Versatex paints. I have a lot of quilting yet to do on this quilt, so I better get going. I won't have much time today, because we have to take Auntie E for her "well Granny" check up today.

4 comments:

Karoda said...

This is a wonderful pattern. Are you a longarm quilter? I couldn't imagine putting that size under a domestic.

Deb Hardman said...

I'm a short art quilter, a Bernina 1260 is my machine of choice. I just concentrate on the space between my hands & I refuse to wrestle the quilt. I'm the boss!

Deb Hardman said...

Tee Hee, the typo above, was supposed to say SHORT ARM QUILTER, but I guess I could also be called a short, art-quilter! I'm about 5ft 4" if I stretch!

Melodie said...

I love this pattern! I can't see you piecing it but I'm certain the quilting will be amazing!