Friday, December 30, 2011

I have a favor to ask of all you quilters & artists...

Thank you to all of you who sent us your concerns over the fire. It really wasn't that bad, & my blisters are healing quickly. 
Now for my question. ..I am presenting a lecture in February. It is "Inspired Design-Finding your Own Voice". Part of it will include photos of design inspiration, along with some of the things that I have made from that inspiration. I was thinking it would be fun to include the work of others in the photos. If you have a photo of something that inspired a piece that you made, & would like it to be shown in a slide presentation during my lecture, please email your pictures along with the info you want shared. I intend to make a handout with web addresses for folks to take home, so they can explore more too.

My email is akquilter1@acsalaska.net

For each person willing to share, I put names in for a drawing. I will make 2 quilted clocks, to be sent to 2 people whose names will be drawn January 20th.
We have been getting a lot of snow falling this winter. My brother said there was nothing for cross-country skiing in Michigan this year. You should all come to Alaska if you want to play in some snow!

I thought I should show a couple of back side views on the 9 patch quilt that I made for my DH.

I got a wonderful pile of beautiful stuff from my girlfriend Kathy (the Woodland Quilter) in Michigan, for Christmas. It is a Crazy Quilt just waiting to be made. It was all wrapped up in a yummy silk Pashima that goes perfect with my favorite brown slacks.
The little bags held, beads & trims,


There was a pair of little scissors, with a thimble (that fits perfect), & a needle case, & a luscious bundle of velvety fabrics, in my favorite color group.


Below is my cup of tea,(fancy tea from my DD for Xmas). The tea bags are so cute, they make me happy just looking at them. It's "Tea Forte". In front of the tea, is my Kindle. I'm still loving it 3 years later. Just under the Kindle is the new gift from my DH, an iPad 2. Yes I will still use the Kindle. The iPad is something like a fusion between the Kindle & my computer. I'm still learning how to use it. I haven't been able to set-up my email account on it yet, but have realized that it will make keeping up with all the blogs I like to read much easier.
I loaded my Kindle contents on to the iPad, & bought a guide book to help me learn my way on this cool tool!





4 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb.

You are right we here in Michigan have NO snow and for the last several day all we've had is rain and more rain. The southern breezes are keeping us like we were in the tropics, well maybe not tropics. LOL Let me know how you like your Ipad2. I am very slow to move into the new techie stuff. Glad to heard your fingers are healing well. Hugs Judy

Delighted Hands said...

Wonderful pics-glad you are healing well! I have never done a quilt from a photo so am not a help to you this time!

jenclair said...

The snow looks so lovely from here. I'm not sure how I'd like living with it day after day, but it is beautiful to look at.

I'm interested in the Ipad2, I'm a bit of a technodunce.

Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

Hahahaha You wouldn't want any of my art. It's all based off of video games and looks like a kid made them.

Glad you are healing quickly