The quilt on Lily right now is being quilted "upside down". This is actually the back. It's a hand-dyed fabric done by Vicki Welsh. It's Fuchsia, yellow & orange, though the pink doesn't show very much in my photos.
I am dividing it up like a crazy quilt & doing something different in each section.
My weekend dying was mixed results. The piece of lichen dyed wool turned out pretty well, & the reflector that my DD Michelle gave me helped me get photo close to the true color. The wool was mordanted with Alum.
This next piece is silk that I used a Eucalyptus plant. It was a bit brittle, so I only got color rather than leaf impressions from it. I used vinegar for the silk mordant.
This next piece of silk is from Elderberry leaves.
The final 2 pieces are the rust dyed cotton that Anita Heady gave me. I used Elderberry leaves on this one,
& Lupin leaves on the last. The process didn't give me good prints, but it did cause changes in the color.
I'm not satisfied with this process yet, but will keep trying. I'm thinking my fabric dried out too fast, as well as the leaves drying too much too, because of the heat & direct sun the day I did it. It might be better to try on a cooler day!