Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quilts & Glass Art

mmgmmq 006 

Above & below are pictures of fused glass made by my friend Mindy, as thank-you gifts for helping with the wedding. She made 4 of the birch plates for her “sisters by heart” (so lucky me I got one!), & the trivets below (which are about 4 1/2” square), were given to every guest. I love using her little glass trivets for things like setting my tea-bag on, or keeping my little beads from rolling away when I am beading a project. They also make nice soap dishes & spoon rests. I am lucky to have lots of Mindy’s glass now.

mmgmmq 001 mmgmmq 002 

Next is a customer quilt, Jan Bronson made this from Pricilla Bianchi’s book “Caliente Quilts!

mmgmmq 008

She wanted it quilted similar to the design in the book, but I just couldn’t copy it, so I went inspired by the book. Similar, but different.  You can click on any of the images to get a bigger picture.

mmgmmq 009mmgmmq 010

mmgmmq 011

It looked pretty neat from the back, when I hung it to get the full effect.

mmgmmq 013

mmgmmq 015 

The next quilt to go on the frame is by Marilyn Moreno. I’ve hung it up to photograph & contemplate designs. I’ll play with my Bamboo, & do some different designs for her & let her choose (which is what I did for Jan too).

mmgmmq 016

Below are 4 of the options that Jan had to choose from for her quilt.

DJHfloral

stplcenter xcenter bookdesign

5 comments:

Betty said...

I love that plate.... your quilts are beautiful.
Hugs ♥♥♥

Delighted Hands said...

Glass has long been an admired medium ; beautiful. Great job on the quilt-the quilt thread really brings it all together, the design is a perfect complement!

The Calico Cat said...

That birch glass is very nice!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Mindy did a beautiful job on the glass plates. That was a beautiful gift to give.
Your quilting is spectacular as always.

gpc said...

The birch plate is amazing!