Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Winner is….


Quiltmom Anna!  Thanks for all of your comments everyone. It was a task to write down each commenter & cut & fold little strips to have my DH draw a name from the bag. I remember a long time ago getting an e-mail from Anna. She wasn’t blogging yet back then, just reading & leaving comments. This time it paid off for her. Congrats Anna. I’ll get busy & make your prize & send it out to you ASAP!

Today I dabbled in another type of art. Encaustic Painting. The teacher was Sheary Clough Suiter  .
encaust 012 encaust 013
My friends Mindy & Hope & Lindsey took the class too. This was their second time around. I’ll have to get pictures of their pieces to share here.
 encaust 014
This was how my first piece started out.
encaust 015
This was where I took it.
 encaust 016
This is how I finished it off.
encaust 019
My second piece isn’t finished yet, but I ran out of time, so I’ll have to sign up for another session some day!
encaust 018

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb your encaustic pieces are awesome!

Stephanie said...

wow very cool

Delighted Hands said...

Never heard of this technique before but your pieces turned out beautifully. Congrats to Anna!

Vicki W said...

On my trip to Asheville recently I got to see the studio of an encaustic artist. I was blown away! What a treat to be able to take a class. I'd love to do that some day.

quiltmom anna said...

Wow Deb,
I am one lucky girl- thank you so much for choosing my name. I really am a fortunate one. I will post something in my blog when I write in the next couple of days.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

I'm not familiar with encaustic painting, it looks amost like enamel. Please explain. I love your birch trees.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb. I have never seen this technique and I really like how it turned out. I will look forward to seeing what happens to the second one. It sorta looks like it will end up being "Fireweeds"??? Hugs Judy