Sunday, December 28, 2008

I loved this picture of my 14 year-old Granddaughter Darian, sent by my DD Michelle.
A friend sent this one to me. I usually refrain from anything political, but this struck me mildly funny. I think it was captioned something like, "Bad news from up north". For anyone who doesn't know her, that's our (Alaska's) governor, Sarah Palin.
This is my favorite of 3 pictures my DH Warren drew for Christmas, & it's how I've been feeling these past few days.
I made a bunch of these for Christmas. It started from a request from my DD Michelle. They have been having a really cold winter in Seattle, & she asked me to send her some of these. They are just flannel bags stuffed with dry feed corn. You can put them in the microwave oven for 2 or 3 minutes & they stay hot for 2 or 3 hours. They are wonderful stuffed in bed with you on a cold winter night. The only thing you have to remember when making them, is microwave the corn for about 30 seconds at a time for 3 or 4 times, before putting them into the flannel. That will keep them from turning into popped corn the first time you use them.
I made 3 for around the neck. Warren tried his out right away. That look on his face was one of ecstasy. He has arthritis in his neck, & the heat feels so good.
After the holidays, this is what I should be doing.
I got a cell phone in my stocking. I was happy to get it. It has a built in camera. I thought I would be able to use it while I send my Rebel XT off to be repaired. Unfortunately, Santa didn't include Internet service with it, & I have no way of getting the photos from the phone into my computer. I searched on line to see if there was a program that would do it, but apparently there is none, so I probably won't be blogging much in the next few weeks, until I get my camera back.
So I will say thank you for all of your holidays wishes, & Happy New Year until the next time!

5 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Ohhhh, your husband looks so comfortable! And thanks for the hint about cooking it first-I got such a laugh thinking what would happen if it popped! Hope you get your camera back soon-i got a new one for christmas and it is a learning curve to make friends with it!

Anonymous said...

Warren is quite the artist!! That drawing blew me away. What happened to your camera...I just got a Rebel XS so I'm curious. I can't figure out the new cell phone at all. It's way beyond me and I'm the geek of the family.

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas!

I, too, many many of the feed corn bags for Christmas presents. I made mine with a removable cover that can be washed. I, personally, go to sleep almost every cold night with one tucked at the bottom of my bed! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow Warren is talented I love that picture he drew. Your entire family is artistic how cool! He looks like he was really enjoying his wrap.

Granny Fran said...

I have a green herb filled neck warmer that the grandkids call Kermit. It is a life saver at times. I didn't know you could make one with corn that wouldn't pop.
I also got that photo of the Governor and had a big laugh about it, even tho I am one of her admirers. She probably laughs also.
Boy, Warren's go lots of talents!