Monday, October 06, 2008

I enjoyed another Sunday call from my Dad, later I talked to my DD Michelle. She has posted a song she has recorded. It's her singing & playing, & I'm very proud of her.
Yesterday I did a little playing around with some new thread called Grilon. It shrinks when heated, & can only be used in the bobbin on the sewing machine.
Here it is after shrinking. I will continue to ponder the possibilities.

Yesterday afternoon, the sky started falling.
Now we're in a winter meets autumn wonderland.
These are all from my deck.
I do love this time of year.
But don't think I'll be using the swing for a while!

6 comments:

Helen said...

oh WOW! what views you have with the snow this time of year... so beautiful...

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, I have to admit-the snow is beautiful! Thanks for the view.
I have seen the thread used on the sewing show but haven't tried it myself-looks like it has possiblilities, doesn't it?!

imquilternity said...

The photos from your deck are absolutely fabulous! Oh, I'm so envious of your snow....we are still having HOT, summer-like days.

Kay said...

How beautiful. I'm not ready for that yet however!

Elaine Adair said...

Guess it's that time again...

The Grilon, shrinking thread sounds intriguing. Odd, that we woek so hard to make our quilt flat, but usually, steer clear of pleats, tucks, gathers which would add an entire additional element to our quilts. This Grilon is something I'm going to look for.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

The snow on the trees and mountain is beautiful, but way too soon. Great quilting weather, no wonder you get so much done. Sorry I missed your call, talk to you soon.