Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tah-Dahh!

I know you're all probably sick of this dress by now, but I just wanted to show you Christi modeling it. We dropped it off yesterday evening, & Mindy sent these pictures to me today.
Besides finishing the dress, I also got my article for Fiber & Stitch done, & sent off to Sue B. She won't get to really look at it until after she gets back from Houston, but at least I'm done early & not pushing a deadline! Whew!
I worked today, & have to work the next 2, so I'll be keeping out of trouble & won't have much to share.
Joe, one of our nurses at work got notified that the Mounties have picked up our friend Carolyn's missing dog. He had gotten loose when her car rolled & we all feared he might be hurt, but he's fine, & Joe is going to fly to Haines to pick him up. Joe also is a dog musher, & has about 20 already, so one more doesn't make much difference to him.

When I got out of my car tonight, I heard "Whoooo? Whoooo? Who-whooo". I love that sound. I wanted to say, "Meeee, me-meeee".

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dress looks fabulous on her! WOW Deb!

The Calico Cat said...

YAY the dress it done & it looks great. How does she get her hair to look like that?

allie aller said...

What a big accomplishment! Fabulous work, Deb!
I love those corkscrew wigs the dancers wear...the curls do a lot of dancing while their feet are flying...

Melodie said...

It is fabulous!! How is the cape attached?
My computer crashed AGAIN! Back to the shop. I need to get some input on what to buy to replace it!

jenclair said...

I would so love to see her dancing. The dress is gorgeous on her, and I'm sure she feels as beautiful as she looks. Great job, Deb!

Vicki W said...

The dress is perfect and she looks THRILLED!

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so excited and tonight she will show it off to her class and instructor. Then she will be wearing it at the competition in Los Angeles in 3+ weeks! (Hope the smoke is gone by then)
The wigs are certainly bouncy...but seem so silly to me....and uber expensive.

I've got to say that you can't have a better friend than Deb. The dress is amazing...and with all the changes and adjustments and alterations...she has the patience of a saint.

His Office, My Studio said...

Gorgeous, Outstanding, Fantastic and you did a Great job!

Michelle said...

I am in awe!!! It is gorgeous!!!!

Micki said...

This dress is so beautiful and Christi looks gorgeous in it. You have really done an amazing job. I am glad Carolyn's dog was found.

~Niki~ said...

Beautiful!

Michelle Auer said...

Will you be able to use the dress in shows after she uses it to compete? I bet it would win a bunch of stuff!

Helen said...

The dress is wonderful. Well done indeed!!!

Sandra said...

A stunning dress on a beautiful girl. Congratulations on a great job!

laura west kong said...

Wow! It's wonderful. I'd love to see her dancing too. If you ever post a video please let me know.

Granny Fran said...

Now we need to see a video of Christie dancing in that fabulous dress.

Guzzisue said...

First time I've seen an Irish dancing dress in silver - looks amazing:)

Ali Honey said...

The dance dress is a fabulous work of art. Congratulations. You are a very patient lady I think.She will have to dance very well indeed to do that costume justice.

Dianne said...

Congratulations - it's just magnificent!!!! Christi's gorgeous too....