Thursday, November 03, 2016

Part 4-Crazy Qult

Back home from our trip to Disneyland & Port Townsend. The following are what progress was made while on vacation. These 3 lacey pieces were painted/dyed before the trip I used most of them on the quilt.
I hit the bead shop in PT & got a few new beads, shown below on the tips of the folded ribbon triangles on the left side of the picture.

Did some silk ribbon roses.

This Dragonfly below, was made from a bit of my own shibori silk hand dyed. I also got the little green triangular beads in PT, & put 5 of them together to make a little flower on the piece of dyed net for more texture.

Lots of buttons from my button jars were used.

I also found this beautiful glass dragonfly button in the same building behind the bead shop is a cool little yarn shop. They had these beautiful Czechoslovakian made glass buttons. Amazing how much money can be spent on such small items.

More buttons,& leftover bits & a ruched flower .

The trip was great, we had a much calmer vacation this time, & I was the only one that caught a travel bug, that lasted about 3 weeks. Doing fine now!

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

As involved and detail heavy as any quilt in the late 1800's! Amazing!

Vicki W said...

Your stitching and embellishments are beautiful!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

I don't know how your going to give up this piece, it is so rich and beautiful, and full of vacation memories.