Sunday, August 25, 2013

Went to the Alaska State Fair

 Mooses in the yard greeted us when we left to go to the State Fair! 
 Mama wasn't looking too happy, so we took the long way around to get to the car. YIKES!
 It was a beautiful day in Palmer, Alaska.
 Warm & sunny, no breeze off the glacier. Almost too warm!
 I checked out the quilts.
 My ALCQ friend, Kaye Fiero won some ribbons with her beautiful quilt.
 I liked my friend Ruth Simpsons wooly bunny.
These were some others that I really liked.

These salmon were glass mosaic.

I enjoyed this window too.

& this fish above, & the skateboard fish below.

I also loved this strangely ugly & beautiful fish too.

Some of the people attending were quite colorful too.

The traffic heading to the fair when we left was backed up for miles. We were happy to be going the other way!

Sunday we spent the day cleaning up the yard. Getting ready for winter. Then I worked on sorting quilts for the quilt show next month. I'm going to be the featured quilter,& had to figure out how may racks I'll need for display. Broccoli was there to give his stamps of approval. 


5 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb. How can our Summers be just about over??? Very sad indeed.

I absolutely LOVE seeing all the wonderful photos of the Alaska State Fair. The Salmon Art was creative and fantastic.. I really did not the Window Art too. I have a few old windows and I have been thinking of doing something like this for ages. Maybe Next Summer..LOL

All the quilts are lovely too.

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos. Hugs Judy

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful pics of the fair entries! Have fun prepping for your own 'show'!

Vicki W said...

Very cool things at your fair!

Stephanie said...

How cool that you are the featured artist in the show! Glad to know Broc is there to help you out.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Love the moose in your yard, all we look at are rabbits and squirrels. The State Fair looked great, I have nice memories of it. I'm excited for you as featured artist at the quilt show. You have a lot of great pieces to show. Wish I could be there with you.