Thursday, April 04, 2013

Springtime in Alaska

I felt good to have a day off today. I stayed home & worked a while on Jan's quilt. I'd done the boring part, of in the ditch around each block, now I'm background quilting in the white areas. Click on the image to see it better. I've been tired, & not getting much done, but 3 down, 6 to go on these backgrounds.

Warren & Broc were tired today too. They deserved a nap after.....

shoveling 3/4 of the snow off the deck. Warren tries to get it clear so we can enjoy it sooner.
I made these fritatas from a Weight Watchers recipe. 2 points each. They are yummy!
I changed it up because I couldn't find the artichoke hearts. Substituted tomatoes & green chilies, made them lighter with Egg Beaters & less egg. Tasted great. Had a few with a nice salad for dinner. Freezing the rest to be popped into the microwave whenever I need.


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

dang that's a lot of snow to shovel! No wonder he was napping :)

love what you're doing on the quilt.

Marsel said...

Wow, and I was whiny because we had snow in the air in Georgia during the last week of March! :)

The quilt and the quilting are beautiful!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Happy Spring in Alaska Deb... Wow clearing away all that snow would make me tired too. Our snow finally all melted last week.. I was very happy to see it go. VBG Your Spring Quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Hugs Judy

Vicki W said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! Is that normal for April?

Delighted Hands said...

The little quilt will be a winner. All that snow would make me want to take a nap, too!

Irish Mary said...

That quilt is gorgeous and your quilting is awesome. I see you are still having some snow ... so Warren should take a nap to boost the energy needed to keep shoveling!
Regards to all in AK ... love to be back there again.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

That's SPRING!!! Oh my gosh that's awful.
Your quilting is beautiful, it's going to be a wonderful quilt.