Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day (belated), & Happy Birthday Sisters

Well, this back to full time is making it a bit harder to get my blogging done, but I'm thinking Thursdays will be my day. I did work today, but it was for my pal Mindy, who is off in Hawaii getting some vitamin D. I got home just now (4 pm), where I usually get home around 7 from the hospital. Above is the Valentine card I made for my DH . I stamped the image of the soaring birds on to the fabric of the heart using a fabric glue, which I then sprinkled with embossing powder, & heated with a heat gun. If you try this, just be careful not to hold the heat on too long in any one place, you could burn the fabric.
I have a sister,( Em) & several sisters-by-heart, (Mindy, Ilene, & Kate), who all have birthdays this month. So happy birthday girls, I love you all !

Mindy was here for Super Bowl Sunday, & we (us girls) watched the commercials, then played our own games, while the guys watched the game. Warren being from New England was a little sad at the end of it all.
Mindy's hat was left over from the Women's Ski she had participated in earlier in the day.
Below are Blueberry cupcakes I made  for her cake.



This table full goodies is what I came home to on Valentine's day. Fabric wrapped packages, chocolates, & little luscious tarts from my favorite bakery, The Flying Dutchman.


I found this book in a package on the front porch, left by the mailman. I'm looking forward to getting into it. I love these books.


Warren is really enjoying the retired life. He has been my chauffeur, & cook, & I'm loving it too! I had been a little worried about the cooking part, but he follows recipes well, & has made some really good food! Who knew life would be so good!

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Glad the new schedule is working out for both of you! Beautiful valentines/birthday postcards, glad you are doing well.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

I love all of your pictures, from your beautiful cards, Warren's wonderful wrapped gifts,to the cupcakes. Let us know how you like the book.

Stephanie said...

Those cupcakes looked yummy. Sounds like you guys have a nice system going for you.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb. Working full time can be a bit stress I think. I know I could not do it anymore. Best Wishes for you. I look jennifer's books too. I hope your weather has become less severe. We've have NO snow and it is Feb. Unbelieveable. Hugs Judy