Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthdays Quards

I have to start out, by saying gee Thanks! for all the compliments on the Raven! It was nothing! Really! I could teach each & every one of you haw to do the same thing!

 
Always there are people I want to make quilts for, & never enough time to do all I want to do. I make little "Quards" (my term for quilted cards), for special people in my life. July is birthday for 2 of my grand-daughters. Alex turned 19 on the 2nd.

Carys turned 4 on the 19th. (Which is today for her, but tomorrow for me yet, since she is over the International Dateline). Carys's card was a bit of serendipity. I had a felted piece, with 2 goofy little fishes on it, that I made a long time ago. She is into mermaids right now, & I had this great photo of her from our vacation time together last month. I just cut out her face & glued it on the background, then added the Threadplay & quilting. Easy-peasy, & lots of fun. I called her tonight to say happy birthday. She has a cold, as does her baby sister Zoe, & Daddy Brandon has a cold & Mono again. It's a good thing Laura is healthy!

Thursday was Calendar Girls at Margaret's house. Margaret shared some of her latest projects, & fed us great food. We also had a great time talking & laughing.Her crown was made by Carol. She has made each one of us one this year. We are going to wear them at the Quilt Show in Sept.

This is the front cover,
inside,
& back cover of a portfolio booklet that Margaret made.



I also want to mention that my pal Stephanie told me I would like author Janet Evanovich. I just finished reading "One For the Money", & I have to say, it was the funniest, laugh out loud book, that I have read in a long time. I am already on to the next book, & it's making me laugh too. They are detective type stories, & my kind of humor. Thanks Steph!

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Love the whimsy of the grand daughter mermaid/fish postcard! You are having a good month-nice!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

I love how you positioned the picture of your granddaughter on the mermaid's body, perfect! What child wouldn't love that card.
I read "One for the money" on my flight to your house for the first Fiber Fest. It is the only book I ever laughed out loud while reading. I just finished her lastest book while camping, then passed it on to Melissa.

Stephanie said...

Glad you liked the book, I thought you would. Mom called me yesterday from work to tell me you liked it. I have yet to read the second one cause I am reading a different book but as soon as I am done with it I am on to that book.

Mary @ Crooked Gulley Art Quilts said...

Your mermaid granddaughter is precious. Such joy in that little quilted card.