Monday, April 21, 2008

Emerald Isle & Comfort quilt

Today I took a break from Lily to work small. I used multiple layers of semi-transparent & different textured fabrics for the sea. The mountains are made from gauze that I painted. This is the start of a piece I'm making for the Irish Dance auction. I'm thinking I may mat & frame it rather than bind it, as it's fora non-quilting group, & I'm thinking it might do better if it were framed.
Below is the a center detail of the quilt I finished on Lily yesterday. Can you see the butterfly?
Here's an overall view of the comfort quilt finished. I'm satisfied with how it turned out.


roxanestoner said...

My oh my you have been a busy person. Great quilts and good practices with your Lily. Hope that spring is around the corner.

mindy said...

Oh I love it Deb! Thanks so much.
I've fused 4 plowls so far for the auction so at least we'll have 5 handcrafted items amongst lots of gift certificates! :-)

Niki said...

Pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a nice comment! :) HUGS

Sharon said...

You've inspired me to get out my material and start sewing! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog and commenting. Love your quilts and ideas!

Allison Ann Aller said...

That Emerald Isle is a beauty!
Have you considered mounting it on foam core?

Nanc said...

You are really making progress with Lily! I also love the new piece you are working on!