Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day with Calendar Girls.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! My DH said he'd share the Valentine I made for him with you all. I'm getting ready to take off here, in a bit. Sorry the photo isn't better, maybe I'll re-shoot later. The center is wool rovings needle felted on to a piece of wool plaid. I free motion quilted the background, then layered the wool on top & free motioned it down too.
I tried to simulate the look of hand stitches by going over the same lines 3 times each to look like big, thick embroidery stitches.
Today we had our regular Calendar Girls meeting. Mona & Jackie are 2 of the 3 born in the same year, & this month is Mona's birthday (on the left). Someone gave her the polka dot pantyhose, & Jackie was sporting a new hat.
Carol showed us her February Journal quilt in progress. It went with my outfit today.
Rena's house had lots of neat stuff. One of my favorite things was her halibut pillow.
Mona recently lost her husband, & we decided to make a comfort quilt for her. It was a surprise.
Can you tell?



Here it is, to Mona with love...

Rena made a great lunch. She served the BEST tasting Quiche I've ever eaten, & a Caesar Salad,
with a good crusty bread.
I LOVED her flatware too. It was so cute. Everything fishy..
Each plate was unique..very cute.
This is Rena on the right, in blue.
That's Mary G on my immediate left. Doesn't she look good for someone who was really sick & nearly dead at Christmas!?

Of course we had to have birthday cake for dessert.
47 or 74, you decide.
Sorry you weren't with us Margaret & Jan.
It was a really fun day.
I'll try to get a quick post in on Saturday from my daughter's, to say happy birthday to my big sister. Bye for now!

8 comments:

allie aller said...

Beautiful, wonderful, and inspiring...and no, I can't decide between 47 and 74! How cool is that?

The Calico Cat said...

That quilt you gals made for Mona is beautiful!

Kay said...

This looks like so much fun! What a wonderful group of women. And I'm with cat--that's a beautiful quilt.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

I love the quilt and Warren's Valentine. Both are wonderful.

Barbara said...

ohh I can feel you funny day...love the love quilt ...think its a sentimental moment to see a present from good friends..
Barbara

Terri Stegmiller said...

That valentine you made for your hubby is awesome!

Françoise said...

Beautiful quilt, and lovely valentine of course!

jenclair said...

The Calendar Girls are an inspiration! Mona's heart quilt is gorgeous and will surely be both a physical and emotional comfort to curl up in.