Friday, April 11, 2014

Mini quilt & latest Quards

This little quilt  is about 8 inches square. It's a whole cloth that I used paint sticks & a stencil  for the colors. I let it cure for about 3 weeks then quilted it. It was fun!      

Below is a little card with a 2 inch square pin on it for my eldest grand-daughter Ally, who is due next month with the first great-grand daughter. I used the same fabric in her quilt.
The next piece is a little flannel blanket that was hand crochet edge done by my great- aunt, for my father when he was born in 1920. I put a little patch over a thin spot & gave it to Ally too, from her great Grandpa.

I'm on vacation this week, & spent Tuesday with my friend Carol. She has been very sick lately, & hadn't been able to do anything creative for 6 months. Monday she made a scarf. Tuesday when I went to her house, I brought 3 baskets & a backpack full of stuff to play with. I laid it all out on her table, & when she felt ambitious enough she got up to the table & made this condolence card for our friend Rena, who just lost her Dad.


Below is the one I made for Rena.

This last Quard (a true Quilt-card), I drew the design on fabric & colored then quilted it, for soon to turn 3, grand-daughter Zoe. She is having a Nightmare Before Christmas themed party for her birthday. I did simple outline quilting in black thread, & am pleased with the results.

This last photo is from my Calendar Girls group on Thursday.  Follow the link to see the rest.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Great fun! Very cute little quilts!

Vicki W said...

Great projects! I love the mini quilt and the way you rescued the flannel blanket. What a special gift that is!

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Every card you make is a little work of art! And the quilt, family blanket and card for your great grandbaby is wonderful. What a treasured gift.
I'm so excited to see the "old" Deb is back!