Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Quick Pumpkin Quilt

Thursday, when I went to Quilt Guild, there were little white pellets on my windshield cover. by the time I got back home from the meeting the white stuff was all gone. It seems like the snow is coming late again this year. I believe global warming really is affecting our environment.

At the guild, April talked about her project, "Pedals For Africa". She founded a non-profit organization, to raise funds to buy bicycles for students in Africa, to ride to & from school. This needle work was donated to her, by ALCQ member Clara Jo, to be used at one of her auctions.
Friday evening we had Kathy Kansier for a lecture. She is an AQS certified quilt appraiser, & judge.
She also gave classes on Saturday & Sunday, but I didn't take any of them, because I was teaching classes, myself, at Quilt Zone. Sunday evening my friend Mary G. brought Kathy up to my house for dinner, & to appraise 2 of my quilts. We had crab with lemony-butter, pumpkin soup & home-made rolls.

I had Kathy appraise my "Oh! to Dance With a Dolphin!" & "Ravages of Time~Port Townsend truck thread painting".
I had a vacant space about my front door, & threw together this little pumpkin wall hanging to fill it for the autumn months. It is simple raw edge machine applique', & a bumpy yarn edge instead of binding. I made it in just a few hours.

6 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful door topper-the plaid gives it just the right color/style!
Glad you had a great meeting with the other quilt experts!

Stephanie said...

uI agree the snow keeps coming later and later, mom likes the fact that the snow isn't here yet. I want it here cause I love snow.

Melodie said...

So? How did the quilts fair....value wise? I've been wanting to call you. Are you back to full time?
We aren't seeing snow yet but Don & the boys are hunting in CO & I guess they're getting it by the foot!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deb.

Your pumpkin door topper is very nice indeed.

Interesting about not having snow yet this year. The First winter I lived in Fairbanks it came the day after Labor Day and then next year by Oct 10th. They reckon we may have our first snow by the weekend. If it does it will be the first time I seen it this early.

Have a great week. Hugs Judy

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

You can never have too many pumpkin quilts and heaven forbid an empty place on a wall! That's my moto! Yours is wonderful.

Judy said...

Wonderful door topper! I like the fabric that you chose for the pumpkins. Here in Idaho, it just seems like it's later and later before it actually gets cold. I'll take the snow and colder weather any day!!
Have a great weekend,
Judy