My sister Em asked for a shot of the deck skirt, so here it is. Warren worked on the first of 4 raised beds that will go in this corner of the back yard too. The other 3 wil have to wait until next summer, as he will be having his right knee replaced on Tuesday.
I've been working in the studio. I put the old Microwave oven in the corner, & set up all the Acid dyes that I just bought for dying.
I bought some black silk & tried discharging it with bleach, but it wouldn't discharge at all! so...I got out my Lumier paints, & painted it instead. The fabric on the right pole was a black cotton, & it did discharge without any problem, but the silk didn't fade one bit.The silks are the one on the left with the rocks, & the piece draped behind the 2 poles.
One of the pieces that I dyed at Sandy's house, the one with the large rocks, I stuffed the back side with bits of wool batting,( left from some traupunto project a while ago),
Then I basted a piece of cotton batting on, & stitched a flat backing, & quilted the whole thing from the front, & also added a cord for wearing it....
I left the edges on the front piece raw, but burned them a little to seal the edges. Now I can wear it like a little piece of art.