I'm feeling better, the sore throat is almost all gone. Today is the first day since Tuesday that I've eaten solid foods, instead of soup, & yogurt. I finished up working on Wendy's quilt. It had a few issues. Wendy had never done piecing before, & tackled this for her first pieced quilt. I put 2 layers of batting in it to help square it up, & it worked fairly well.
We had 2 sunny days in a row, Friday & Saturday. I decided that I should get out on my deck in the sun, & take advantage of the weather, as we can't count on having many days this warm.
I used these textile paints on some silk chiffon. Below is a close up of the finished fabric. I will be a lovely top layer for a quilt some day.
I did some "Straw Dying" on 2 rayon jackets & a T-shirt from Dharma.
What I mean by "Straw Dying" is, using straws to scoop up small amounts of dye powder, to sprinkle on the fabric (which I had pre-soaked in a soda-ash solution). I used about 1/3 cup of soda ash in a gallon of warm water. I let the pieces soak a good 1/2 hour prior to the dye session.
I arranged the fabric in the bottom of a big retangular plastic tub, & wearing a face mask, I sprinkled on the dyes. Then I sprayed a little water on, carefully rearranged e fabric, & repeated the sprinkling process.
This is how the fabric looked after setting over night in plastic bags, then washing & drying.
It turned out to be a creative weekend, in spite of myself!