Thursday, October 08, 2009

Rena's Quilt & Calendar Girls

Our monthly Calendar Girls meeting was at Mona's house today. I brought Rna's quilt to give to her. Below is (L to R) Mary Lee, Mona Havelock, Rena Brinker & Diane Seawald, getting their first look at Rena's quilt, all quilted.
Rena emailed thumbnail images of photos from things like fishing trips with her family. I blew them up & printed the heavily pixelated images on to regular printer paper, then pinned them in place, where I wanted to put them on her quilt. Once I finished all of the background quilting in the Black to White variegated thread, I switched to a #12 wgt. Red cotton, & quilted right over the paper pictures, outlining the image as best I could.
Below are clams.
This is her husband Hank leaning over the back of their boat.
This is his snow machine.
This was another of the naked ladies I added for him. I made her a little fluffier.
Rena thanked me profusely.
This is miss Bella. Mona's little girl.
Rena brought another project she's working on. The tan blocks were a garage sale purchase, but Rena is not a tan sort of girl, so she found a jazzy fabric to pair them with.
On her way out the door, Mary Gerkin mentioned today is her birthday, so we all sang Happy Birthday to her.


Steph said...

you did a great job on that quilt!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I love the quilt.
It is so personal, creative and beautiful.

Melodie said... much did you charge for all this personalization?

Rian said...

What a great quilt! Love the use of red on the motifs.

Delighted Hands said...

The quilt and especially your quilting are spectacular! Glad you had such a great day.

Emmy said...

thanks for the nice comment on my blog you did a great job on the quilt I love it very much

Jane said...

I love all the personal images you applied with the red thread. How cool ... what a super job incorpaorating them.

Deb Geyer said...

Awesome Deb!! That is so cool and is going into my cool quilt ideas file!! Thanks for sharing.