Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Week in Fast forward

Where does the time go? It seems like this week has just whizzed by. Thursday was quilt guild, & we had demos done by some of the gals that went to the AQS show in Idaho recently to share what they learned. I have built a separate blog for the ALCQ, as this year's webmaster. I am having a hard time following Winnie's lead, the gal who built our original web page. She used html, & even though I am vaguely familiar with it from messing with my blog template, I have no idea how to even begin to get into the template on the web-page, to add & change it, so I've chosen to switch to blogging, making it easier to pass on the job in the future too. I just have to get Winnie to add a link to it for me.
Friday I met Cyndi Campbell at Seams Like Home to give her the quilt that I finished quilting for her. She had made such a beautiful top, I was nervous that she might not be happy with the results of my quilting, but she said she was thrilled with it.
She sent me a few pictures to share.
I didn't dare lay it out in my house to take full pictures, as Broccoli the cat would have taken that as an invitation to investigate. I didn't want gray Broccoli hairs all over her white quilt. I love the pattern of her lattice piecing.
When I quilted it, I did rows of small leaves on the colored strips only, so as not to detract from her beautiful piecing. If you click on the photo below you get a close up of the back.
My DDIL Laura sent this picture of DGD Carys, enjoying a slice of watermelon. I love how intent she looks here.

4 comments:

allie aller said...

Your quilting is just gorgeous, Deb.

Ali Honey said...

I just had a look at the blog Deb. It looks stuning in black and the white letters are easy to read. Well done there!

The quilt looks lovely, with great quilting!

Barbara C said...

Beautiful job with that lovely quilt. I'm always attracted to leaf motifs. Your GD is a cutie.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Nice idea to set up a guild blog, I don't know how you have the time to keep it up. Your quilting is wonderful and your granddaughter is sweet.