Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Crazy Quilt Dragonflies-Part 3

In preparation for our vacation trip, I decided to do some more machine stitching on the Dragonfly quilt, then will start embellishing with hand stitches tomorrow as we travel. I'm looking forward to doing the slow stitching. I so rarely find the time. I also have an issue with the thumb joint, that with too much hand work, it gets pretty painful, so I normally limit that sort of thing. Here it is as it looks now, & below are details of the seams that I will stitch & bead.







These last 2 photos are a wire ribbon flower I made, after watching a tutorial on a ribbon flower.
The 1st is the under-side.

I used some inks on it, to color it up a bit.  The tutorial used a smaller ribbon, without the wire, & did 25 petals. I pared this down to 17 petals, as it was tight enough with 17.

It will likely be mid October before I can post again, as I've never figured out how to post from my phone. Have a lovely autumn!

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love doing CQ now too! This is coming along so beautifully, makes me wistful to get stitching again.

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

This is beautiful, I don't know if Warren will let you give it away! Enjoy your hand-stitching and your vacation.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful warm and radiant colors in your crazy quilt! Have a wonderful trip!