I have finally spent a weekend getting into the studio. This little pin & earrings were sent to RVQuilter,
as well as this flower pin. I am sorry for being so late!!
Remember the Round Robin? Here is what it looked like after making all the rounds & coming back to me.
I felt the original light square that I had printed looked like a big bright hole, & was reading too heavy with the darkness in the top & right. I carefully removed the black lace applique' (which Mary G told me it was OK to do- she had just basted it in place), as well as the copper leaf, & set them aside to be put back on after cutting the top apart. I was careful in how cut the light green gauze area too, because I didn't want to undo any of the hand beading in that area.
Here is how it looks now, after I've quilted & started to embellish. I replaced Mary's leaf & turned the lace into a rose, & put it on the upper left.
I have started the embellishing by using some of the special buttons I have collected over the years, just waiting for the right place to use them. I love this Raku button. It's a little work of art all on it's own.
The bee is enamel.
The triangle are polymer clay.
This hand is ceramic.
Here's a close up of Mary's leaf & the rose.
I will continue to do hand embellishing on this until it feels done. Next I think I'll do some embroidery stitches. I may wish I'd waited on the buttons, but oh well, I'll manage somehow!
Thanks Nina Marie for inviting me to be a part of your circle! Sounds inspiring!