I’ve stayed away from the computer this past 2 weeks because of hand pain. The joints flared up again at work on Friday 2 weeks ago, but seem to be better now. Typing wasn’t good for me.
I did manage to cut some paper snowflakes on wash-away paper by YLI. I sprayed them with Sulky 2000 basting spray & stuck them to the back of the quilt-top.
I put a heavy, sparkly metallic thread in the bobbin, & stitched over the snowflake designs.
This is how it looks from the front of the quilt. I tore away most of the paper after stitching, what little bits are left will be on the inside, & will dissolve with a spritz of water.
I started quilting this quilt, & found I was having issues with getting a smooth curve line because of my table on my machine catching on my zipper where I have the quilt attached to the rollers.
See, down there, where the gap in the Chartreuse plastic is, it catches.
I had bought this Sew-slip II mat for my Bernina, but decided to give it a try in Lily.
It really helped! Problem solved! Now I think I’ll buy another mat for the Bernina, so I can just leave this one in place!
We had out traditional Thanksgiving day feast at the Meyn’s house as always. The bird was beautiful. Mindy has it down to a science now.
Here’s wishing you all a happy & safe holiday season, no matter what your place in the world, or your belief system. PEACE!